Governing Board Monitor
Governing Board Monitor (GBM) – Contractor
Description of Duties:
Under limited supervision, attend and monitor governing board meetings of state charter schools for compliance with Georgia’s Open Meetings Act and State Charter School Commission (SCSC) requirements. Complete governing board monitoring forms and rubric to timely submit to the SCSC after state charter school governing board meetings.
- Knowledge of charter school, nonprofit, and/or administrative law and policy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Currently enrolled or have completed a graduate program in law, education, government, or public policy
- Completed at least first year coursework of a juris doctorate program
- Previous experience in public organizations
- Familiarity with administrative law, education law, nonprofits, and open meeting requirements
GBM Job Requirements:
- GBM will be required to actively monitor governing board meeting schedules for his/her caseload
- GBMs will attend governing board meetings of schools in his/her caseload and complete the SCSC’s governing board monitoring form at the completion of each GBM meeting. This completed form must be sent to the SCSC within 48 hours of the end of the meeting.
- $100 per meeting ($50 for attending, $50 for completing the report)
- GBMs who monitor schools that are 50 miles or more (one-way) from their home will receive an additional $25 payment
- Mileage reimbursement according to state travel requirements
- $30 per bi-monthly check-in call
- $100 per in-person training (including mileage/lodging reimbursement)
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a resume and writing sample to Sarah Beck at email@example.com with “Governing Board Monitor Application” in the subject line. Submission of a cover letter is encouraged but optional.