2017-18 State Charter School Performance Summary
The SCSC annually assesses state charter school performance in the areas of academics, finance and operations through its accountability instrument, the Comprehensive Performance Framework (CPF). Performance standards align with the core components of strong charter schools and reflect the SCSC organizational mission to provide students with better educational opportunities than they would otherwise receive in traditional district schools. Each area of the framework answers a fundamental question through a series of indicators.
- Academic Performance: Is the school offering students a better educational opportunity than they would otherwise receive in the traditional district school?
- Financial Performance: Is the school financially viable?
- Operational Performance: Is the school as an organization effective, compliant and well-managed by the governing board?
2017-18 Performance Highlights
- The majority of state charter schools academically outperformed their comparison school districts in the 2017-18 school year.
- Eleven state charter schools academically outperformed on more than one measure.
- Seven state charter schools academically outperformed on more than two measures.
- Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, Ivy Preparatory Academy Kirkwood, Pataula Charter Academy, Resurgence Hall, and Utopian Academy for the Arts outperformed their comparison school districts on both CCRPI Content Mastery and CCRPI Progress measures.
- Utopian Academy for the Arts outperformed its comparison district on all academic performance measures.
- Foothills Education Charter High School, Liberty Tech Charter School, Mountain Education Charter High School, Pataula Charter Academy and Resurgence Hall met SCSC standards in all areas of the CPF.
Additional information about 2017-18 state charter school performance: