FY23 Start-Up Petition Timeline & Application
- October 31, 2022 (5:00 pm): The SCSC will open the FY23 start-up charter petition portal for submission. Start-up charter petitions must be submitted through the online application portal to be considered.
- March 17, 2023 (5:00 pm): The SCSC start-up application portal will close for petition submissions. Petitions that are not submitted by 5:00 pm March 17, 2023, will not be considered by the SCSC.
- May 15, 2023: For petitions that meet legal and substantive review requirements, the SCSC will begin capacity interviews.
- June 2023: SCSC staff will begin making recommendations to the SCSC Board of Commissioners.
- December 31, 2023: The FY23 start-up petition cycle ends.
See for additional information on the SCSC petition evaluation process.