2021-2022 State Charter School Performance Summary
The SCSC annually assesses state charter school performance in the areas of academics, finance and operations through its accountability instrument, the Comprehensive Performance Framework (CPF). Performance standards align with the core components of strong charter schools and reflect the SCSC organizational mission to provide students with better educational opportunities than they would otherwise receive in traditional district schools. Each area of the framework answers a fundamental question through a series of indicators.
- Academic Performance: Is the school offering students a better educational opportunity than they would otherwise receive in the traditional district school?
- Financial Performance: Is the school financially viable?
- Operational Performance: Is the school as an organization effective, compliant and well-managed by the governing board?
2021-2022 Performance Framework & Results
2021-22 Comprehensive Performance Framework (CPF)
2021-2022 Performance Highlights
94% of SCSC students were enrolled in a state charter school that outperformed the school they would otherwise attend, that’s 30,710 students.
- 84% (31 of 37) of state charter schools outperformed the schools their students would otherwise attend in 2021-22.
- 80% (28 of 35) of state charter schools are meeting financial standards for the 2021-2022 school year
- 62% (23 of 37) state charter schools are meeting operational standards for the 2021-2022 school year
Additional information about 2021-2022 state charter school performance: