2018-19 State Charter School Performance Summary
The SCSC annually assesses state charter school performance in the areas of academics, finance and operations through its accountability instrument, the Comprehensive Performance Framework (CPF). Performance standards align with the core components of strong charter schools and reflect the SCSC organizational mission to provide students with better educational opportunities than they would otherwise receive in traditional district schools. Each area of the framework answers a fundamental question through a series of indicators.
- Academic Performance: Is the school offering students a better educational opportunity than they would otherwise receive in the traditional district school?
- Financial Performance: Is the school financially viable?
- Operational Performance: Is the school as an organization effective, compliant and well-managed by the governing board?
2018-19 Performance Highlights
- A majority of state charter schools met performance standards in each section of the SCSC CPF in the 2018-19 school year. Additionally, the percent of state charter schools meeting performance standards increased from the 2017-18 to the 2018-19 school year.
- 76% of state charter schools academically outperformed their comparison attendance zone in 2018-19, up from 52% in 2017-18.
- 52% of state charter schools met financial performance standards in 2018-19, up from 38% in the year prior.
- 90% of state charter schools met operational performance standards in 2018-19, up from 85% in the year prior.
- Almost half (45%) of state charter schools met performance standards in all sections (academic, finances and operations) of the SCSC CPF in 2018-19, that is up from just 15% in 2017-18.
- Those schools include: Atlanta Heights Charter School, Coastal Plains Charter High School, DuBois Integrity Academy, Foothills Education Charter High School, Genesis Innovation Academy for Boys, Genesis Innovation Academy for Girls, Georgia School for Innovation and the Classics, International Charter School of Atlanta, Liberty Tech Charter School, Mountain Education Charter High School, Odyssey Charter School, Pataula Charter School, and Resurgence Hall Charter School.
Additional information about 2018-19 state charter school performance: